Re: [Evolution] Evolution-Exchange on Ubuntu Jaunty

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 17:42, Art Alexion <art rhd org> wrote:
Our server is 2003. Do the two connectors function in such a way that I can try the MAPI connector, but
switch back to OWA when needed, i.e., are they activated and deactivated like plug ins?

You don't even have to switch back and forth. You can have both
accounts (one OWA, one MAPI) active simultaneously.

Our domain controller/GAL server is behind our firewall. Browser access to OWA allows GAL look ups over the
Internet from remote locations. Evo-OWA allows look ups over the LAN only; not from the other side of the
firewall. Will evo-mapi facilitate GAL look ups remotely? ÂThat is currently my main reason for wanting to
try the MAPI connector.

No.. not as of now. IIRC, evo-mapi does not have a GAL implementation
yet in trunk. There was a hacked up version, based on LDAP but it was
buggy and required some new internal APIs. Bottomline is: evo-mapi
needs a GAL backend implementation. When it is done, its ability to
talk to GAL servers within the firewall is purely a function of
libmapi.

HTH

-Suman