From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org <evolution-list-bounces gnome org>
To: evolution-list gnome org <evolution-list gnome org>
Sent: Tue Apr 28 07:34:55 2009
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution-Exchange on Ubuntu Jaunty

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 19:03, Art Alexion <art rhd org> wrote:
I'd like to upgrade my production machine, but am concerned about either
the stability and functionality of the mapi connector, or the continued
availability of the OWA-based connector. ÂI really can't afford for this
to be an experimental system.

The MAPI connector does _not_ have feature parity with the OWA connector.
http://www.go-evolution.org/MAPIProvider/vsOWA might be handy.

The OWA connector should provide all the functionality it used to
provide earlier. It is not deprecated yet and should still be bundled
with all major distributions alongside evolution-mapi.

If your exchange server is not exchange 2007 or newer, the OWA
connector should perform better than the MAPI connector. Although,
it'd be awesome if evolution-mapi gets a lot of testing :-)

-Suman