Re: [Evolution] Starting Evolution backup from command line

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 12:51 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 19:13 -0800, Glenn Hollowell wrote:
How do I start an Evolution backup from the command line?

I've tried "Evolution -c backup", but this resulted in error messages.

My goal is to run backup via a cron job nightly. Thanks.

      Hi,
it's a plugin, which has its own executable.
Search for evolution-backup file, which I have in
$PREFIX/libexec/evolution/2.26/evolution-backup
try --help for some basic information on it, though one thing is not
mentioned there, the last argument can be a file name to store a backup
to. (I think.)

Milan, on the one hand I'm glad the question has a positive answer.

On the other hand I'm annoyed that (yet again) the answer is something
the doesn't appear to be documented *anywhere*. The only reference to
backup in the online help is to the interactive use. The fact that you,
an Evo developer, aren't even sure of the syntax speaks volumes IMHO.

How much other stuff is lying around that nobody knows about?

poc