Re: [Evolution] Does Evolution really need to be so terribly bad?

On 2008-09-04, 02:57 GMT, Axel wrote:
I just wanted to reiterate that I don't think it should be
implemented in this way in offline mode. It is counter
intuitive. In effect, it would probably be better to hide these
messages in the  trash folder, to avoid confusion.

Please, don't use word âintuitiveâ when talking about software.
I cannot resist (again, I have today all-citation day apparently)
but I have to quote a classical note on this (http://groups.google.com\
/group/comp.sys.next.advocacy/msg/7fa8c580900353d0):

# Basically, the only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After
# that, it's all learned.

Usually when somebody talks about intuitivity of software, it
means that they are not used to the given behavior.

(and Bruce later confirmed by the experience of having a son even
nipple as being non-intuitive --
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.editors/msg/882fd4ef853ee770).

Again, its not about a lack of technical understanding, but
just a different view point. Viel free to check other email
clients on linux, windows, or mac to compare the behaviour.

The fact that Microsoft Outlook didn't grok how deleting of IMAP
messages should be done, doesnât mean that everybody has to
follow this bad example. Just opposite, I am working as hard as
I can to revert other email clients to work correctly vis-a-vis
IMAP deleting (see for example
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/190974,
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/446417, and
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/307343).