Von: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
An: evolution-list gnome org
Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 4. September 2008, 01:52:19 Uhr
Betreff: Re: [Evolution] Does Evolution really need to be so terribly bad?

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 20:11 -0700, Axel wrote:
> Moving a message and then putting it into the Trash Folder and the
> target folder. It should not show in the trash folder, it confuses me
> and many people. It also makes the trash not readable. I am getting a
> 100-200 emails a day and keep 50%, but move them into different
> folders ... But if I have to look up a deleted email, its really
> difficult to find in the trash.

As has been explained many times (see the archives and the FAQ) this is
simply a consequence of how messages are moved. IMAP servers do not
support a primitive "move" operation, so clients have to copy the
message and then delete the original. That's why you get a version in
Trash, but of course Trash is just a virtual folder i.e. the original is
in fact still where it was before the "move". You can see it by
unchecking View->Hide Deleted Messages, which might make it easier to
find than looking in the Trash folder, but it can still be a pain.

If I had a million dollars to spare, I'd offer it to the first person to
implement an "undo" command for moves and deletes.

poc