Re: [Evolution] Replies kept under op

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 14:47 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 12:34 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
It is another "conversation" to list what evo lacks.  On the other
hand, we could have a conversation on what evo does better, like
exchange and html, both of which are really weak in kmail.

I couldn't care less about Exchange support, though I understand it's
necessary evil for business use. I also care very little for HTML
mail.

Both are useful and necessary for business use.  Exchange, because so
many businesses use the exchange server, and HTML for certain
interoffice communication that needs formatting, illustration, etc.
That's why Evo is my business PIM and kmail is my personal one.

I don't need HTML nor Exchange for my personal mail, and for everything
else, I prefer Kontact.

What I tend to dislike about Kmail are trivia such as the user
interface
(it seems fussier than Evo for some reason) plus the IMAP support has
in
the past not been so good, though that may have changed.

I have two main accounts in Kmail, both IMAP, and one Gmail IMAP.  Kmail
handles them quite well.  I have never tried to set them up in Evo.  I
have a work-issued windows laptop on which I have put Thunderbird for
personal mail.  Kmail seems to handle Gmail IMAP better than
Thunderbird.  It seems to handle my other IMAP account, hosted by
Verizon Business (a personal account that used to be a business account)
the same as Kmail.

--
Art Alexion
MIS