Re: [Evolution] Replies kept under op

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 11:36 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 10:45 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 12:32 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
Is it possible to keep the replies (sent out)
it the folders under the mail that is replied to?
Havn't found a setting as yet
evolution-2.22.3.1-1.fc9.i386

I do this by designating my inbox as my sent folder.  It is not ideal if
you have a bunch of good incoming filters for lists, etc., but I usually
only filter the noise, and sort the good stuff I am keeping after I read
it.

Interesting idea, but I don't see how that meets the OP's requirement.
Basically you have to filter everything by hand (aside from the noise).

I'm assuming the requirement was that e.g. if I filter
evolution-list gnome org mail into an Evolution folder, my replies to
list messages will automatically go to the same folder, without me
having to set this up manually (BTW Kmail can be configured to do this
and Gmail does it by default.)

Right.  My personal mail goes from gmail IMAP to kmail with lots of
filters (on the gmail side).  Kmail also has a "keep replies in this
folder" property and the ability to associate identities with a
particular folder which comes in handy when you subscribe to different
lists with different addresses.

What kmail doesn't have is an exchange connector as good as evolution's.
That's why I use kmail for all of my personal accounts and evolution for
my company's exchange account.

What Evo lacks is the concept of a "conversation".

It is another "conversation" to list what evo lacks.  On the other hand,
we could have a conversation on what evo does better, like exchange and
html, both of which are really weak in kmail.  The evolution
gnome-pilots conduits are also much more stable than the corresponding
kpilot conduits.

The acronym "KVM" comes to mind with one computer running Gnome and Evo,
and another running KDE and kmail.
--
Art Alexion
MIS