Re: [Evolution] Does Evolution really need to be so terribly bad?

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 20:11 -0700, Axel wrote:
Moving a message and then putting it into the Trash Folder and the
target folder. It should not show in the trash folder, it confuses me
and many people. It also makes the trash not readable. I am getting a
100-200 emails a day and keep 50%, but move them into different
folders ... But if I have to look up a deleted email, its really
difficult to find in the trash.

As has been explained many times (see the archives and the FAQ) this is
simply a consequence of how messages are moved. IMAP servers do not
support a primitive "move" operation, so clients have to copy the
message and then delete the original. That's why you get a version in
Trash, but of course Trash is just a virtual folder i.e. the original is
in fact still where it was before the "move". You can see it by
unchecking View->Hide Deleted Messages, which might make it easier to
find than looking in the Trash folder, but it can still be a pain.

If I had a million dollars to spare, I'd offer it to the first person to
implement an "undo" command for moves and deletes.

poc