Re: [Evolution] Sharing profile between distros

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 22:10 +0200, milomak wrote:
Hi,

I have been using Thunderbird for the last 5 years. Now I want to try
Evolution. When using Thunderbird I am able to share the profile
between all the Linux distros I install. Now I would like to do the
same with Evolution.

I am thinking that if I knew where Evolution installs the profiles I
could then put it in a partition that I share across all the distros.

Well, there are two places really.  GConf and ~/.evolution.

This is an interesting request.  Likely a number of people share this
wish.  For example, I use my desktop workstation at home mainly, but
occasionally I take my laptop on the road.  Ideally I'd like my laptop
to have the same vFolders, accounts and so forth as my desktop, so some
level of synchronization would be good.  I don't know that I want to
sync .evolution and the apps/evolution GConf keys verbatim though.

b.