Re: [Evolution] Forwarding messages using rules

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 10:03 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 10:26 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Can you explain how mail gets to external destinations, such as this
list, if a) your firewall blocks external SMTP from your machine, and
b) Exchange doesn't "offer" SMTP? (I'm not sure what you mean by
"offer").

If you have an Exchange account, you can send email that way, through
the Exchange OWA interface, just the same way you get mail.  This goes
directly to the Exchange server over HTTP, just as if you'd entered the
email into your browser, and the Exchange server sends it out over SNMP
for you.  It does NOT require a local MTA on your system.

I thought that might be it but since I've never had to use Exchange I
wasn't sure.

So in fact the OP's problem is that he needs something he can call from
a Shell that will send mail through Exchange OWA. I have nothing to
suggest here.

poc