Re: [Evolution] Forwarding messages using rules

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 09:41 +0000, Vatachino wrote:
In my case this is impossible, because there is no access to
external
SMTP (firewalled), and the Exchange server does not offer SMTP
either.
The only way I have found of sending an outgoing email is using
the
Exchange server itself, using the Evolution backend.

If there is no access to SMTP, then you are going to have problems
getting anything to send any messages to an external account!

You are incorrect. I can send email to external accounts from within
Evolution. It is this facility that I wish to use for forwarding
emails.

Can you explain how mail gets to external destinations, such as this
list, if a) your firewall blocks external SMTP from your machine, and b)
Exchange doesn't "offer" SMTP? (I'm not sure what you mean by "offer").

poc