Re: [Evolution] Using port 993 instead of 143

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 06:33:02PM +0100, Thomas Novin wrote:
On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 08:57 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
I have Evolution configured for TLS Encryption for both receiving and
sending options.  Evolution tries to connect to port 143 and
then gives up when it can't connect.

And you are sure that you should be using TLS and not SSL? I thought I
should be using TLS and couldn't get that to work but it instead worked
fine when I switched to SSL.

Oh, thanks.  I need SSL for *reading*, but TLS for sending.  That's
the combination that works.  No need for adding port numbers to my
server config.

Thanks for the help.

--
Bill Moseley