Re: [Evolution] exchange plugin as getmail/fetchmail

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 10:15 +0000, andrew eq uc pt wrote:
Hello,

Could you please let me know if it is possible to use the exchange plugin as
getmail/fetchmail? What I would like to do is to download mail for several
users from their exchange accounts to their local Linux accounts that will be
accessible via POP3. The fetching should work even if the user is not logged
in, just as fetchmal/getmail do. Thank you.

You would need to write a client using evolution's exchange libraries.

Check openchange's[0] exchange2mbox[1]. It may be what you are looking
for.

- Johnny

[0] http://www.openchange.org
[1] http://wiki.openchange.org/index.php/Libmapi_0.4_WARP#exchange2mbox