Re: [Evolution] Independant Compose window has disappeared ??

Hi Matthew;

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 14:18 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 13:01 -0400, William Case wrote:
I have/had a launcher that was setup on my Gnome panel that used the
command evolution --component=compose.  That command used to open the
evolution compose window on any workspace as long as evolution was open
on one of the workspaces.  It no longer works, opening an incomplete
evolution window instead.

Likely because the Composer no longer registers itself as an Evolution
component.  Why, I can't explain offhand.

Is the version in your signature accurate?  You're using 2.12.3?

Yes its Evolution 2.12.3 (so 'about' says).

Yes it is likely that the Composer no longer registers itself as an
Evolution component.  That is too bad.  I consider it a loss of a handy
facility.  I had developed the habit of keeping Evolution open in one
workspace, full screen, but got used to copying and pasting from other
application windows such as OOo in other workspaces to the composer, in
those other spaces, as I needed it.  I can still drag the Composer from
my evo workspace to other spaces so I should be able to open the
Composer in those other spaces.

The loss of the composer is not a deal breaker, but it was handy just to
click on a panel icon and pop open the email composer window when I
wanted to copy something to email.
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 8, Gnome 2.20.3,