Re: [Evolution] archiving ms exchange email with evolution?

No, that would work nicely.  My purpose is simply to create an exhaustive archive of office mail, searchable when necessary but separate from the overall mailbox size.  I'm embarassed that your solution hadn't occurred to me-- i hadn't even expanded the "on this computer" section until you mentioned it.

Incidentally, i figured out the 100% CPU issue:  there appears to be a single folder that triggers the problem.  The puzzling part is, the folder isn't one of the three largest.  Perhaps a corrupt message is  causing the client to hang?
Regardless, good to know that the client isn't at fault.

Thanks for the tip, Art-- i'll do this today!

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Art Alexion <art rhd org> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 17:50 -0400, Carlos Lugo wrote:
> exactly how does one "archive" email using evolution?  I haven't found
> anything in the gui which would explain how this might be done.

I have been thinking about this as well.  Even if the archiving itself
occurs on another [windows] machine, I don't see a way for evolution to
access the archive.pst.

One idea I had — which may or may not be satisfactory for some — is to
move mail to the local "On this Computer" folders with filtering rules.
That may or may not meet your backup requirements depending on how you
back up your local data.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075