Re: [Evolution] Message filtering not working

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 12:13 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I've decided to give Evolution another try. On my first attempt with it
several months ago I found message filtering cumbersome and abandoned
it, and I'm having difficulty with it again. It's just not working. I've
double-checked the filters to make sure they're set up right. E.g., I
have one set up to filter on the addresses in the "sender" and "to"
headers ïand the addresses specified in the filters is identical to the
ones that appear in the message headers. But when I click on "apply
filters" under "messages" nothing happens.

Did you select any messages first - the "apply filters" (aka Ctrl-Y)
only applies to selected messages, not all messages (unless you select
all messages!)

Also, see
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#Why_do_my_mail_filters_not_work.3F

and

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_see_what_my_filters_are_doing.3F

(you'll can use gconf-editor to enable filter logging).

poc