Re: [Evolution] Accidental sorting

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 08:41 -0700, Rick Knight wrote:
Reid Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 08:16 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

True. I use "latest at the bottom" with threading and this sort of thing
has always annoyed me. One suspects that the devs don't use this mode or
it would have been fixed a long time ago.

+1 for fixing it -- I thought there was a bugzilla entry for this.. but
I can't seem to find it.

Isn't this normal behavior for other email clients (Thunderbird,
Outlook)? I normally sort latest at the bottom, threaded, but I do at
times need to sort on sender or subject. A single click on the column
heading is very handy for this, so...
 +1 for leaving it be.

Thanks,
Rick

I was commenting on the fact that threaded sorting with latest emails at
the bottom seems to be broken ( one click sorting on headers is fine
with me, I prefer it actually ).  The issue I see is that if you sort by
date such that latest emails are at the bottom, and you have threaded
sorting on, thread location is determined by the datestamp of the first
email in the thread rather than the last email in the thread.  This
results in threads that are 'up the ladder and out of the viewing
window' receiving new responses that I as the user do not see unless I
scroll up the viewing window.  I believe that the thread location in the
viewing window should be determined by the datestamp of the last email
received for the thread.