[Evolution] Embedding a spreadsheet chart into email

As much as I am a proponent of Open Source, <flamebait>this is one
place where integrated apps from a single vendor shine: a
drag-and-drop from  Excel into Outlook and your done<\bait>.

Of course, most all of my email is text, not HTML, which Evolution
does much better than Exchange (in that it allows text to be
formatted, or, most importantly, not formatted, so I can cut-and-paste
commands and command line output without the emailer "smartly"
mangling... except, when replying w/ Evolution, when it inserts ">" at
the fronts of lines, it then thinks it'll be smart and wrap the line
that even Exchange replies leaves the text correctly verbatim... but I
digress).

But, every once in awhile, I need to make a fancy email with charts
and graphs and B.S. to please upper management.

I have not figured out a way to insert Open Office charts into Evolution.

The only way I've figured out so far is to use Excel to create the
chart, save the spreadsheet as HTML, look for jpeg images in the
directory that Excel creates for the html (those are the charts)...
then, in Evolution, select HTML mode, then insert the jpeg inline.

We need a better way.