Re: [Evolution] Evolution on Kubuntu (was: Default Paper Size)

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 16:44 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 11:27 -0800, Rick Knight wrote:
> I get no sounds from Evolution, even though the new mail sound is
> configured. When I start Evolution from a command prompt I can see
> this message everytime I receive new mail...
>
> Audio File Library: '/usr/share/sounds/Kopete_Received.ogg':
> unrecognized audio file format [error 0]
> <-1> sample not found

I /think/ Evolution still relies on the crusty old Enlightened Sound
Daemon (ESD) for generating sounds, and I'm pretty sure ESD doesn't know
what the heck Ogg/Vorbis is.  Best stick with wav files, or convert the
ogg to wav.

> Also, I want to use Jean-Yves Lefort's Mail Notification (here
> http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify/ ). I have been able to build it with
> Evolution support but when I try to run it I get error messages about
> not being able to save the passwords and the Gnome Keyring. I also get
> this message repeatedly in console...
>
> ** (mail-notification:4650): WARNING **: couldn't communicate with
> gnome keyring daemon via dbus: The name org.gnome.keyring was not
> provided by any .service files
>
> I've installed this on Kubuntu with KDE. What do I need to add to get
> the Gnome Keyring to work?

In your case it might be less hassle to just disable keyring support and
fall back to the ol' ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution password file.  To do
that, reconfigure evolution-data-server with --disable-gnome-keyring.

Matthew Barnes