Re: [Evolution] Default Paper Size

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 00:20 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 11:43 -0800, Rick Knight wrote:
> Is this caused by evolution-data-server being built without exchange
> support? When I built exchange-data-server I tried to enable exchange
> support but it built without that support no matter what I did. If
> that's my problem here, could someone please tell me how to build
> evolution-data-server with exchange support?

Yeah, that sounds like the problem.  The key is to get e-d-s and
evo-exchange built with NTLM support enabled, and that's tricky
business.

For Fedora we actually have to ship a static openldap library with NTLM
support specifically for Evolution (I guess NTLM support requires an API
or ABI break in libldap, or something messy like that).  Probably need
to check with the Ubuntu or Kubuntu guys to see how they do it.

FWIW, I've attached a couple little scripts I use when configuring the
Subversion source.  Run them in place of autogen.sh or configure.  They
set things up pretty much the same as Fedora's Evolution packages, but
may need to be tweaked a bit for your environment.

Hope this helps,
Matthew Barnes

Finally, just about everything seems to be working.

I get no sounds from Evolution, even though the new mail sound is configured. When I start Evolution from a command prompt I can see this message everytime I receive new mail...

Audio File Library: '/usr/share/sounds/Kopete_Received.ogg': unrecognized audio file format [error 0]
<-1> sample not found

The file is there and I can play it with Amarok. Can someone tell me how I can fix this?

Also, I want to use Jean-Yves Lefort's Mail Notification (here http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify/ ). I have been able to build it with Evolution support but when I try to run it I get error messages about not being able to save the passwords and the Gnome Keyring. I also get this message repeatedly in console...

** (mail-notification:4650): WARNING **: couldn't communicate with gnome keyring daemon via dbus: The name org.gnome.keyring was not provided by any .service files

I've installed this on Kubuntu with KDE. What do I need to add to get the Gnome Keyring to work?

Thanks again,
Rick