Re: [Evolution] How to use maildir as storage format?

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 12:42 -0500, Miguel Angel Cañedo wrote:
I know that there is some kind of maildir support in order to configure
an incoming account from a maildir.

But I want to have my regular pop3 account to store all my files in a
maildir, how can I do that?

Email is my main tool at work and I send and receive a lot of messages.
I switched to evolution when I switched to ubuntu, but my inbox in
evolution gets some kind of des-synchrnozation with the index, very
often... My experience is that maildir is more robust.

I'm very interested in that, too. I have some huge mailinglists
(lkml, ...) and I'm a big fan of keeping some backlog for searching.
Having a file with about 1 GB is not that robust, and almost all
incremental backup methods store the new version of this file every
time.

Philipp