[Evolution] Spellchecker deactivated

Hello,

My Evo spellchecker was working fine. In the process of trying to fix a
spellchecking problem I was having in gedit, I uninstalled and
reinstalled aspell. Since doing that, the "spellchecking" option at the
bottom of the "Edit" drop-down menu in a new letter window, is grayed
out.

I went into Edit -> Preferences of the main window toolbar, and opened
composer preferences -> spellchecker. There I found that no languages
are offered in the window where the various languages ought to be
listed. It does say that it will only list the languages for which
dictionaries have been installed. But I have multiple aspell
dictionaries installed-- including English, Spanish, Bengali, and
Hindi.

So why isn't the spellchecker working now in Evo?

Thanks,
Swarup