Re: [Evolution] Suse 11 New install

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 18:45 -0700, Gabci Xy wrote:
But reading the article I've had the impression that the working
location of Evolution under Suse is .gconf/apps/evolution.

The "article" (I presume you mean the FAQ entry) doesn't mention Suse
specifically, and it clearly states that .gconf/apps/evolution is used
to store Evolution *settings* (not mailboxes). Every reference I've ever
seen to Evo's directory structure, including the README in the source
code, says that the working directory is ~/.evolution. Very old versions
used ~/Evolution, so I guess it's conceivable that that could apply to
you. You don't say what your previous version of Evo was.

What else should I try?

All I can suggest is to try again, assuming you haven't inadvertantly
modified your original data. Note that it is *essential* to make sure
Evolution and the gconf daemon are not running when you do this.

Luck.

poc