Re: [Evolution] Can calendar reminders be made persistent?

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 11:01 PM, timzak <tzakharov charter net> wrote:
I have discovered a feature buried in the Alarm setting that allows alarms
to repeat.  This definitely helps things.  Is there a way to automatically
set this to always be on so I don't have to manually configure each calendar
event?  For example, I'd like every calendar event I create to automatically
be set to repeat every 5 minutes.

:-( Nope.. You can set a default alarm, but not a default repeating alarm.

Also, I have found that when the alarm notifier shows up in the notification
area, it is VERY easy to accidentally dismiss the alarm.  You must
left-click in order for the Appointments window to pop up.  If you
accidentally right-click (as I often do), the alarm basically turns off for
that event forever (unless you manually set the alarm to repeat).

I would like to be able to disable the right-click behavior and I'd also
like for the Appointments window to pop up by itself, without me having to
left-click the notification icon.

Using SVN trunk on openSUSE-11.0 - all my reminders pop up as windows,
by default. I'm not aware of reminders in the notification area.
(Ubuntu specific patch probably?)

Are any of these situations possible to configure?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

-Suman