Re: [Evolution] Can calendar reminders be made persistent?

Suman Manjunath-2 wrote:

Which version of Evolution are you using? Which distro?
The persistence and snooze features are already available for quite
sometime now.
Please try the latest stable releases.

-Suman

Hi, I am using the latest version that comes with Ubuntu 8.04.1 - 2.22.2.

I have discovered a feature buried in the Alarm setting that allows alarms
to repeat.  This definitely helps things.  Is there a way to automatically
set this to always be on so I don't have to manually configure each calendar
event?  For example, I'd like every calendar event I create to automatically
be set to repeat every 5 minutes.

Also, I have found that when the alarm notifier shows up in the notification
area, it is VERY easy to accidentally dismiss the alarm.  You must
left-click in order for the Appointments window to pop up.  If you
accidentally right-click (as I often do), the alarm basically turns off for
that event forever (unless you manually set the alarm to repeat).

I would like to be able to disable the right-click behavior and I'd also
like for the Appointments window to pop up by itself, without me having to
left-click the notification icon.

Are any of these situations possible to configure?

Your help is greatly appreciated.