Re: [Evolution] Can calendar reminders be made persistent?

I am using the version that comes with Ubuntu 8.04.1 - 2.22.2

I have found a workaround - when setting the alarm in an event, you must select Customize -> Edit -> Repeat the Alarm.  Is there a way to set this to the default so that all of my events automatically do this?  Otherwise it is a lot of extra key presses and navigation to do this for every event manually.

Thank you.

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 13:34 +0530, Suman Manjunath wrote:
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:49 PM, timzak <tzakharov charter net> wrote:

> I was wondering if it was possible for Evolution calendar reminders to be
> made more persistent or "in your face".  Currently I see a notification icon
> and if I click on it, it then displays a pop up window on my screen.  Once I
> view this reminder, it goes away.  What I would like is for the reminder to
> immediately pop up on my screen (I often do not notice the notification
> icon), and for the reminder to stay on my screen and keep popping up after a
> reboot, until I specifically tell it not to display anymore.
>
> I believe the Mozilla Thunderbird Lightning calendar extension does this.
> The reminder stays on your screen until you specifically "dismiss" it.  I'd
> also like the ability to "snooze" the reminder.  That is, tell it to snooze
> for a set period of time (ie, 1 hour), then pop up and remind me again at
> that time.  Otherwise, I find it too easy to miss a calendar event because
> Evolution is too subtle (not persistent enough) in how it reminds me.
>
> Is there a setting that allows this?

Which version of Evolution are you using? Which distro?
The persistence and snooze features are already available for quite
sometime now.
Please try the latest stable releases.

-Suman