Re: [Evolution] Evolution fails to see some messages in Inbox

I've had a short exchange with Patrick O'Callaghan off list; this is my
reply to his latest, which may be of general interest.

I have caused some confusion by not making it clear that my copy of
Evolution runs stand-alone; i.e. it gets it mail from a POP server and
sends mail to an SMTP server.  There are no other mail servers involved.