Re: [Evolution] Some mail imported from Outlook is shown in raw HTML

On Jan 17, 2008 7:56 AM, Art Alexion <art rhd org> wrote:
Chris, I inadvertently deleted the sed script/command that you used.
Could you please send it to me again?

Art,

I was not explicit on instructions when I wrote that, so I will
rewrite it again, with more clarity...

Note that I'm working w/ local files in ~/.evolution/mail/local.  The
2005-6 file is the name of my Evolution folder, but that directory has
many files w/ that in the name:

2005-6
2005-6.ev-summary
2005-6.ev-summary-meta
2005-6.ibex.index
2005-6.cmeta
2005-6.ibex.index.data

I made sure:

1) Evolution was not running, and
2) Backed all these files up before I started.
3) Then I deleted all but "2005-6" itself, since Evolution will
auto-recreate the rest.
4) Then I ran sed on that file, output to another file:

sed 's,Content-Type: text/plain,Content-Type: text/html,g' <2005-6 >2005-6.2

5) Then I moved 2005-6.2 to 2005-6, and
6) Restarted evolution.

It took awhile for it to reindex the results, but when done it was good.

The other recipe I provided for weeding-out just those messages where
the "content type" is mislabeled (when you have both correctly labeled
and mislabeled messages) can be achieved by replacing #4 in the
previous recipe (labeled  "Performed the previously mentioned "sed" on
the temporary folder") with #2 through #5 above, becoming:

1) Use evolution to search for all email that included "<!DOCTYPE", then
2) Move all resulting messages to a temporary folder, I'm using 2005-6
as my temporary folder name in this case.
3) Stop evolution (look in the process queue with ps auxww | grep evo"
to assure all is stopped),
4) Cd to ~/.evolution/mail/local,
5) Backup all the "2005-6*" files before proceeding.
6) Delete all but "2005-6" itself, since Evolution will auto-recreate
the rest.
7) Run sed on that file, output to another file:

     sed 's,Content-Type: text/plain,Content-Type: text/html,g'
<2005-6 >2005-6.2

8) Move 2005-6.2 to 2005-6
9) Restart evolution.
10) In Evolution, open the temporary folder (may take awhile to reindex),
11) Selected all messages,
12) Moved those messages back to the inbox,
13) Deleted the temp folder.

You might want to assure that the "Content Type" is the problem before
running the "sed", and assure that the file looks good (has the
content type changed) after running the "sed".  These can both be done
with:

   grep Content-Type 2005.6

Chris