Re: [Evolution] Some mail imported from Outlook is shown in raw HTML

On Jan 11, 2008 8:39 AM, Chris Worley <worleys gmail com> wrote:
I'm trying to think of another incantation for my current email Inbox, as
it's a mix of both old Outlook stuff and new Evolution stuff;definitely a
mix of HTML and plain text that needs a more exact fix.  I had an emacs
macro working that would search for "<!DOCT" then reversed searched for the
"Content-Type" and set it to "text/html"... but the Inbox was too big for
Emacs.

Can anybody think of an incantation that would fix this?

To do this, I:

1)  Used evolution to search for all email that included "<!DOCTYPE", then
2)  Moved all resulting messages to a temporary folder,
3)  Stopped evolution,
4)  Performed the previously mentioned "sed" on the temporary folder,
5)  Restarted evolution.
6)  Opened the temporary folder,
7)  Selected all messages,
8)  Moved those messages back to the inbox,
9)  Deleted the temp folder.

My messages all look correctly now.