Re: [Evolution] Some mail imported from Outlook is shown in raw HTML

On Jan 11, 2008 3:52 AM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
       Hello,
if the mail states "ïContent-Type: text/plain", then Evolution shows it
as plain text. If you change it to "ïContent-Type: text/html", then it
will be shown as you expect. That's the reason, I guess.
       Hope that helps,
       Milan

I did a "sed" incantation of a static/archive mailbox that would have totally been originally Outlook messages, and would have had very few plain-text messages:

sed 's,Content-Type: text/plain,Content-Type: text/html,g' <2005-6 >2005-6.2

... and that worked (as far as I can tell... it had 50K messages and I can't look at them all today).

I'm trying to think of another incantation for my current email Inbox, as it's a mix of both old Outlook stuff and new Evolution stuff;definitely a mix of HTML and plain text that needs a more exact fix.  I had an emacs macro working that would search for "<!DOCT" then reversed searched for the "Content-Type" and set it to "text/html"... but the Inbox was too big for Emacs.

Can anybody think of an incantation that would fix this?

Thanks,

Chris