Re: [Evolution] Spamfiltering with evolution - NO LONGER WORKS

Hi:

Way back in time I used to program Computers. At that time you used to
Think about what you wanted to do, then you would make a Flow Chart, of
the whole process. Then you would debug that. Then you would, take the
Flow Chart and translate that into Code. ---- What's happening now, is
we got millions of variations, of Hardware, to run the code on, which
has millions of outcomes, not quite known about before hand. Then you
got all kinds of shared libraries, that affect other programs working
properly. Then we got this does not work and that does not work, and so
we tweak the code, to make work a rounds, which then work for specific
hardware, but not for all hardware. Protocols change, or are changed,
and so Programing started to become modular. Yet changes to anything
affect everything else. Plug-ins started to come into being, to handle
the changes in protocols. Programs started to become very COMPLEX, the
average person, just has no idea anymore about what to do with the BASE
Program, and spends all the time, doing Tweaks. Even very Gifted People,
are somewhat baffled by it all. Then we got several hundred Programming
Languages, all mixed together. The Code has to now work seamlessly with
all these things, and it is changing every day!! Looking at this, has to
be a KISS situation, to keep it so that Humans can continue, to play or
work with it. (KISS -KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!) If it becomes too complex,
then people will not be able to easily do anything with it any more, and
less people in time will do anything with it. Much of the Computer
Revolution was based in the fact that new ways of doing things, came
about. I remember way back in time doing Graphics point by point, or
pixel by pixel, now we do things by region. Perhaps what is really
needed is a way of looking at what is going on, and then look to
simplify the whole process. When some simple way of doing something
comes about, that is the real advance. Computer programming just got way
too complex for me, so I got into other things. Still I'd like to Thank
those Brave Programmers for making Linux available to me, when people go
on and on about things not working all the time, it sure, is a bummer
for the people that did the programming for it. A thank you for all the
effort that was made, sure might help, someone doing programming still,
continue along with it. I use Evolution as my main E-mail Client, I'm
not sure how it all works, but it works much better for me than
Windblows ever did. We have the Big Players and the small players,
perhaps we need an exchange program between them, so the Big Players can
make Changes, that will not affect the little players. Just a little
thought.

Alfred!

Alfred!