Re: [Evolution] Spamfiltering with evolution - NO LONGER WORKS

I have to agree ... Evolution has become a non-option for me when
trying to pitch a linux desktop to corp offices. It just does not
play.

3 or more years ago, EVO had lots of promise. Now, it is mostly a
clunky interface with a few intriguing features but too far behind to
be relevant. It's too bad.

"Too far behind"  - what on earth does that mean.  Evo works perfectly
fine for me - I use it day in, day out - very, very few crashes.  I read
five different email accounts with it, take address books from three
different sources and integrate calendars from a further five places.
This is all with 2.12.3 on Fedora 8.

Just because one small bit of it doesn't work perfectly for you, don't
crap on the whole thing.  Personally, I don't care that it won't talk to
Exchange 2007 - and to some extent I resent the time that the developers
are forced to spend chasing 'upgrades' to closed proprietary software -
I want them to spend time on getting a reliable CalDAV interface for one
thing!  Remember, it wasn't that long ago that the exchange connector
was a paid for option to Evo, not an open source *free* integrated
plugin.  As Paul Smith said - if you are unhappy with the software, take
it back to where you bought it and get a refund.

Unfortunately a lot of us are forced to deal with Exchange. Not working
at all with Exchange is not a MINOR problem for a lot of us.

Sure, but that's no reason to say that the whole of evolution is a dead
duck - it's not.  It works perfectly fine in a non Exchange environment.

 Not
filtering spam is a major problem also.

But that seems to be a distro problem, not an Evo problem per se.

 Please stop complaining that
people are reporting bugs.

No one is complaining about people reporting bugs - what people do
complain about is the constant whinging that it doesn't work with
Exchange 2007.  Evo doesn't claim to be compatible with Exchange 2007,
so it's not a bug.

I thought that was part of the reason for the
mailing list.

Is it?  I thought it was for people to help others with problems.  Bug
reporting is done through bugzilla or Bug Buddy surely.

 The bigger problem is that bugs are reported and at times
it seems that no one cares. Rather than criticizing people for reporting
bugs and not giving enough information or the right info, just ask for
specific info. We wouldn't report the bugs if we didn't want to help
figure out what was going wrong.

Have you looked at

    http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#General_Questions

P.