Re: [Evolution] Spamfiltering with evolution - NO LONGER WORKS

On Jan 13, 2008 10:15 PM, Rick Bilonick <rab nauticom net> wrote:

Evolution seems to lose advantages it used to have by the day. When they
changed the Exchange server here from 2003 to 2007 about a week ago,
Evolution no longer works - it can't access Exchange 20007 - no one on
the list seems particularly alarmed by this. One would think that
eventually, there will only be Exchange 2007 servers.

Supposedly a newer version of Evolution will work with 2007 (or there
will be a new plugin) but no one on the list seems to know when if ever
this will become available. (I saw a post for March or April saying it
would be available soon. Then another post in Oct saying the same
thing.)

I have to agree ... Evolution has become a non-option for me when
trying to pitch a linux desktop to corp offices. It just does not
play.

3 or more years ago, EVO had lots of promise. Now, it is mostly a
clunky interface with a few intriguing features but too far behind to
be relevant. It's too bad.

Peter