[Evolution] customize evolution; outlook contacts?

I just started using Evolution, mainly to have access to my Exchange data at work on my linux desktop. I have most things setup properly, my imap accounts, ldap address book and exchange (through OWA). There are a few things that I can't seem to figure out and I hope you may be able to help me.

* Is it possible to customize the top toolbar? I don't need the junk buttons (mail is already filtered), but I would like a label or expunge button for example.

* Everything is working with my Exchange account, except for the global address list. Whenever I try to open that I get the following error: "Error loading addressbook. We were unable to open this addressbook. This either means you have entered an incorrect URI, or the server is unreachable."
Any ideas what may cause this and/or help find out what's wrong?

* Yesterday I couldn't get ssl connections working at all (ldap, imap). Evolution just refused to connect, "ssl not available". Today when I changed the account settings to ssl settings (port + encryption) it worked right away. The PC wasn't restarted, only Evolution was shut down for the night. How could this be? I am 100% sure the settings were correct yesterday too.

Thank you!