Re: [Evolution] Contacts got lost when changing username!

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 15:10 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
      Hello,
it is stored in gconf, in /apps/evolution/addressbook/sources, there are
paths like "file:///home/login/.evolution/..." so fix the login and it
should starts to work. You can fix this
in /apps/evolution/calendar/sources as well, as under memos and tasks.

You can use either gconf-editor to edit those keys, or you can find it
in ~/.gconf/apps/... in XML files, but you need to stop all evolution
processes before playing with it and also stop gconf caching daemon so
your changes will not be overwritten back from the cache. So I think the
gconf-editor is much easier from this point of view (even it's harder to
edit the keys itself there).
      Bye,
      Milan

Thanks a lot, problem solved. I used the gconf-editor to change the
file:///... entry in .gconf/apps/evolution/addressbook/%gconf.xml to the
new home path and username.