Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.24.2 and MS Exchange 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:12:06 -0500
Art Alexion <art RHD ORG> wrote:

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 12:05 -0500, Peter N. Spotts wrote:
Two alternating problems; can't find evo-exchange back end (so
please restart), and failing to authenticate...Even after restarting
Evolution,
the sequence repeats...

OK, try
sudo aptitude purge evolution evolution-exchange

That should also purge the remaining evolution packages that depend on
evolution.  Then

sudo aptitude install evolution evolution-data-server
evolution-exchange

That often helps when the problem is the way the packages installed,
as opposed to your personal settings.

still unable to connect to backend exchange process...thanks for your
help; I need to give it a rest for a bit. Other work to dig into. At
least I can read the mail on the web. But eventually I need to get
evolution back in gear...

With best wishes for a happy holiday season!

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"