Re: [Evolution] Compiling Evolution & evolution-mapi from source on Ubuntu Intrepid

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 07:50 +0100, Thomas Novin wrote:
I'm trying to compile Evolution, Samba, OpenChange & Evolution-mapi on
Ubuntu Intrepid.

I've looked at http://www.go-evolution.org/MAPIProvider and
http://www.go-evolution.org/Compiling_Evolution_from_SVN#On_Ubuntu

I've come a long way now :)

These are the packages that I have been required to install:

build-essential python-dev libtalloc-dev flex autoconf tdb-dev bison
libpopt-dev libtool intltool gtk-doc-tools

This could be added to the Wiki.

And I also had to install gnome-common from SVN.

svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gnome-common/trunk gnome-common
cd gnome-common
./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/opt/gnome2
make && make install
cd ..
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/opt/gnome2/bin/

(then resume with evolution-mapi autogen)

Now I'm stuck on evolution-mapi autogen, it complains about
evolution-data-server which I can understand why it's missing, I haven't
installed Evolution yet. Shouldn't that be one of the steps on
http://www.go-evolution.org/MAPIProvider?

This is the error I get:

checking for EVOLUTION_DATA_SERVER... configure: error: Package
requirements (evolution-data-server-1.2 >= 2.25.2) were not met:

No package 'evolution-data-server-1.2' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
EVOLUTION_DATA_SERVER_CFLAGS
and EVOLUTION_DATA_SERVER_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Rgds