Re: [Evolution] I am unable to Expunge my inbox.

Hello Patrick,

The Inbox file is local.

My /tmp directory is on my root partition. I have 20 GB free on root.

/dev/md1               29G  8.1G   20G  30% /

.. so things should be good there.

I had some problems upgrading from Evolution 2.22 -> 2.24 (FC9 -> FC10).
Every time Evolution tried to build the sqlite summary file it died
trying to allocate 8GB of memory!

So maybe my Inbox file has grown too large? Is a 487MB mail file too
large for Evolution?

To work around the conversion problem I followed
some advice I found on the Ubuntu forums. The Ubuntu post advised that
to avoid the mandatory conversion of the summary files, I should mislead
Evolution to believe that 2.24 was already active on my account by
changing some gnome registry keys.

I did this and was able to start Evolution, it can read my mail file,
etc. However I can't expunge my Inbox file.

I was hoping someone on the list had discovered a work around for a
similar problem.

Thank you,
Rob