[Evolution] Clarification re: evolution-backup-tar.gz ??

Hi;

This query is not urgent, but I would like to know.

Does evolution-backup-tar.gz contain the contents of my mail, contacts,
tasks etc. or just the settings?

Help manual says, "The back up saves your Evolution gconf settings,
mails, contacts, tasks, memos and calendars and creates an archive."
which can be interpreted a bit ambiguously.

I have had advice that indicates that just the settings are saved,
however when I restored the other day I got most but not all of my
content data back.  e.g. missing one contact list/addresses and about 10
emails.

The missing data from restoration is not important this time, but it
left me in a quandary about future backups.  Should I also rsync my
home/bill/.evolution/mail/local, /home/bill/.evolution/addressbook/local
etc.,  the cache, or what?  And, if I do rsync them and then import
those files do I get duplications or are dups automatically
deleted/rejected?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3