Re: [Evolution] Special characters.

And where is this Autostart directory and what is the filename that contains the script?

On Aug 21, 2008, at 7:52 AM, Art Alexion wrote:

I use xmodmap to accomplish the same thing. The following short script
is in my Autostart directory.

#!/bin/bash

xmodmap -e "keysym Super_L = Multi_key"

This assigns the "Windows key" as the modifier.  To create é, I just
type (in sequence, not simultaneously) <win key> -> ' -> e. Most of the
combos are intuitive, e.g., <win> -> o -> c gives you ©.  There are
references available throughout the web.