Re: [Evolution] Special characters.

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 09:46 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 10:12 +0100, Andrew Taylor wrote:
If I want to enter "special characters" (in Open Office this is on
the
"insert" pull-down menu) I can find all the continental characters
and
(c), (T) and fractions.

How does this work in evolution?

AFAIK Evo just uses the system keyboard configuration. Personally, I
have a US-style keyboard but configure my system to use dead-keys (I
write a lot in Spanish) e.g.: ÃÃÃÃÃÃÃÂÂ

I use xmodmap to accomplish the same thing.  The following short script
is in my Autostart directory.

#!/bin/bash

xmodmap -e "keysym Super_L = Multi_key"

This assigns the "Windows key" as the modifier.  To create Ã, I just
type (in sequence, not simultaneously) <win key> -> ' -> e.  Most of the
combos are intuitive, e.g., <win> -> o -> c gives you Â.  There are
references available throughout the web.

--
Art Alexion
MIS