Re: [Evolution] How can I merge my restored Evo mail with todays read mail ??

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 14:58 -0700, John R. Carter, Sr. wrote:
On Aug 19, 2008, at 2:38 PM, William Case wrote:

I had backed up Evo as of yesterday so when I restored I got back most
of my configuration of Evo, plus mail etc. but by doing so I have
eliminated a day's worth of mail.  Todays mail has been saved in a
separate rsync backup.  My ISP is a POP3, SMTP account.

Is there any way I can merge the rsync backup mail with the restored
Evo
mail

At this point in time, I don't even know where my mail messages are
kept. If Evo is anything like Thunderbird, you'll have a folder with
all your messages in it. There might also be a file that contains
pointers or other record keeping on each folder. What I do in
Thunderbird is to delete that record keeping folder and concatenate an
old mail folder with a new one and restart Thunderbird.

or is there a way to retrieve a days worth of read mail from my
ISP?

If Evo doesn't have information about that mail that is on the ISP
stored in a record keeping file somewhere, it will think it is new
mail and read it again.

Don't really know how Evo mail is stored, so this is only a guess.

Since you were able to rsync your Evo mail, maybe you can tell me
where you found it?

I rsync ~/.evolution which contains everything but the gconf
configuration files.  I am not sure about IMAP; it uses a separate mbox.
If you are using a POP3 ISP service all mail is stored in
~/.evolution/mail/local/inbox and other message filtered accounts.

John
--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3