Re: [Evolution] Send/Receive Button transparent

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 13:02 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 09:56 -0500, lance longstreth wrote:
I am new to evolution an am trying to set it up for my personal use on a
Debian 64bit platform. The version of evolution I installed is 2.6.3. I
have created my mail accounts and see them listed under preferences >
mail accounts.

My problem is that the SEND/RECEIVE button is greyed out and the F9 key
does nothing. Is thier something else that I need to do or set to
activate it for use

Look at the lower left corner. You should see an icon representing a
plugged-in connection, showing that Evo is online. If the two parts of
the icon are separated by a red 'X', Evo thinks you are offline. Just
click on the icon to go online.

I just noticed you're using version 2.6.3. This is really old and may
not have the icon I mentioned (I don't remember).

I strongly urge you to get a later version. The latest stable one is
2.22.3.

poc