Re: [Evolution] How to use maildir as storage format?

Greetings,

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 13:32 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le lundi 04 aoÃt 2008 Ã 06:36 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan a Ãcrit :
On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 10:36 -0500, Miguel Angel CaÃedo wrote:
El vie, 01-08-2008 a las 00:36 +0200, Philipp Riegger escribiÃ:
Having a file with about 1 GB is not that robust, and almost all
incremental backup methods store the new version of this file every
time.

This two simple arguments should be enought to consider maildir as
default for evolution

I don't know about default, but it should certainly be supported. I
never understood why it was dropped in the first place.

It isn't dropped, it works fine (apart from specific bugs).

Like, oh, say, delete, and differentiating between read and new mail?
I'd say those are significant bugs!

BTW, the bugs exist, both if you are using a remote-store or a local
store under 2.12, and since there are other bugs that would be a
workflow stopper for me under 2.22, no, I am not upgrading.

-dkap