Re: [Evolution] HELP!

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 14:00 -0500, Paul Coene wrote:
On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 13:54 -0500, Paul Coene wrote:
I had to shut my system down hard the other day, and now evolution
hangs on fetching mail.  It will just sit and say "Fetching Mail"
all day long.  I checked the pop server via the web, cleared it, and
then send a small 3 byte message... Same deal... endlessly fetching
mail.

Can someone help?  I'll use web mail and check for replies.

Retraction.  I found a broken filter.  I guess I make these filters
too complicated for my own good.

I am set.

It's nice you found that broken filter. Your complaint got my immediate
attention because Ubuntu Hardy running Firefox gives me a hard freeze AT
LEAST once a day. Every time I reset the system, Evolution opens on
first use with no preview window and asks me to open one manually. I'm
always afraid that one of these times it won't work at all.

So far so good, I guess. I wish Ubuntu or Firefox (either or both) would
figure out what's wrong and issue a fix. If it wasn't for those hard
freezes, I'd have no problems with Evolution. Even as it is, I don't
have a problem with Evolution -- but I'm waiting for The Big One.