Re: [Evolution] Evo having trouble closing

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 10:31 -0300, Eduardo Spremolla wrote:
May be is trying to compress the folders and some folder have some bad
data.
Try to backup the local folders, start fresh and then import them one
by
one.

I think you are right Eduardo--this is most probably what it is: a
folder with bad data. Because every time it tries to close, it delays as
I explained, and then at the last moment before it actually closes, I
notice now that it actually briefly gives an error message about a
particular folder. But it flashes so briefly just before closing, that I
haven't been able to see which folder it is. If I do it a few times, I
may be able to read it.

Assuming that this you are correct that one folder has bad data, then I
guess I don't need to remove and reinstall Evo, right? Just identify the
bad folder and remove it. If I can read the folder name in the error
message, then that should do it. Otherwise, doing it the way you said
and re-import the folders one at a time, how will that help me to
identify the bad folder? And once the bad folder is identified, will the
whole folder have to be thrown out? Or may I find a bad single e-mail in
the folder and just remove that?

Thanks,
Swarup