Re: [Evolution] Evolution & LDAP

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 16:25 -0700, Robert Denton wrote:
> Hi all, I am having trouble getting evolution to access our mail
> server via ldap (for contacts). Are there known issues with LDAP in
> 2.12? If so, would upgrading our gutsies to 2.22 correct said issues?
> Thanks!

"Having trouble getting access" isn't very specific.
You're right, of course.  I'll attempt to be more specific.  We have a Kerio Mail Server, which runs LDAP in addition to other protocols, and those of us who prefer alternative mail clients have trouble getting our company's contact list.  The solution for Thunderbird users is to create an LDAP contact list, and this works just fine (for them).

A few of us have settled on Evolution for a number of reasons but are tripping over the LDAP set up.  We use the exact same settings to create the contact list that the Thunderbird crowd uses but when we select the "LDAP Addresses" (my name) item under "On LDAP Servers" nothing shows up in the list.  I was initially prompted for my password, which it took.

A tech at Kerio said that the reason it will not work in Evolution was because "Evolution requires anonymous access to LDAP, which Kerio does not allow"  but this doesn't make sense to me.  Any suggestions?  Is there anything I left out that would help?  Thanks!
Maybe if you
explain the problem someone might be able to answer.

poc