Re: [Evolution] Arbitrary "from" addresses?

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 15:01 +0000, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
I would love to see this feature too... it is just too annoying having
to go through a list of 100 dummy accounts and choosing the right one...
Why not have it the same way as the To, Cc and Bcc buttons/input fields?

I'm willing to entertain adding this feature but we need to work out a
reasonable UI for it.  A simple text entry won't work because Evolution
needs to know what server to send the mail to and which Sent folder to
place the mail in once it's sent.  That information is specified in your
account settings.  So the message still needs to be associated with an
account, even if the From address is altered.

I notice Claws Mail gives you a combo box with a list of your accounts,
but then puts the email address in a text entry next to it and lets you
edit it.  That might be a good starting point.

Matthew Barnes