Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Exchange 2007

I see my previous reply never made it to the list.  Here goes again!

Johnny Jacob wrote:

Please add "/opt/samba4/lib" to /etc/ld.so.conf & run a `ldconfig -v`.

( I should add this to the post installation scripts in the package )

To keep with the Fedora way of doing things, I actually created
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/samba4 and added that line to it.  After running
`ldconfig -v` I ran Evolution without adding environment variables (just
to see if it would work) and the plugin showed up and was checked!

I'll have to try connecting from work to see if I can actually get to my
mail.  I can see my folders but have "Refreshing folder(...)" which
could take a really long time, and I'm running late.

[End of message from 03 Apr 2008]

OK, now for the new info: I haven't gotten around to trying it at work yet.

I saw there are updates available, but when I tried to install I got:
Error: Missing Dependency: libtalloc.so.1 is needed by package evolution-mapi-provider

It didn't want me to work around it easily, so I removed all the mapi stuff and reinstalled it to get the new version.

After running `ldconfig` again, I'm able to connect to Exchange via MAPI. I can see new messages in the list but still can't actually view any. I've tried double clicking messages as well but get nothing. Clicking other folders does not show the messages in those folders.

The oldest message in my inbox shows Feb 2008, but there really are messages from last year, so that's a little concerning as well.

Is there a list showing what is expected to work? (I don't want to sound like a complainer; it's really cool that this much works!)

Thanks!