Re: [Evolution] Evolution does not support message's priority?

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 15:18 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 11:53 -0700, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
Um, wrong answer.  He wanted to know if evolution supports message
priority, not "marking as important".  Message priority allows the
sender<< to assign a message priority from low = 5, to critical = 1
to the message in the hopes that it helps the receiver determine what
emails to read first.  This uses the "non-standard" mail header
X-Priority.

I don't know how it's represented underneath in the SMTP headers, but
the feature I referred to DOES allow the sender to mark the message as
important (using Insert->Prioritize Message).  You don't get to give it
a discrete level from 1 to 5; it's either "important" or "normal".

But, if the SENDER marks it this way, when the recipient gets it it's
marked with the extra "exclamation point" icon and the summary line is
in red.

It's under Insert?  No wonder I missed the addition.

Lonnie